When I started making Dear Jane blocks, I intended to start in the center and work each row around the center block. Somehow, that plan has gone by the wayside and I am making blocks all over the quilt. About 1/4 of the blocks are finished so I have a long way to go to finish this quilt. I’m so glad that I decided to make the quilt in the pot holder method. That way, when the last block is made and attached to the body of the quilt, the quilt will be finished. All the remaining block patterns have been printed. Some of the blocks are very easy with just a few pieces. Others are much harder and need to be hand sewn. There are a lot of applique blocks. As soon as the Moda quilt is finished, the Dear Jane will be the only long term quilt to make. No more blocks of the week or the month for me this year. I have to many unfished quilts to finish.
I designed the border of the Flower Quilt today. It was a lot of fun. I used the flower patterns that were in the body of the quilt. This is an unusual quilt as I decided the quilt size and designed the quilting pattern before I began. The flowers fell in place where they belonged. I’ll start appliqueing soon and show the progress from time to time.
Have a great day and happy quilting.