I have been focused on the bag full of Mile A Minute scraps. I knew that it would take a while, but I didn’t think that it would take three days of sewing. The scraps were pressed down in the bag. They made a huge pile when placed on the table.
For three days I have been sewing, pressing, and trimming. This was repeated until I had a piece large enough to make a 6″ square. Then I did it again, over and over and over. I really had to focus and not put it aside.
I did take a break and weed the last two gardens. All the wild flower seeds have been planted. The weather is finally warm, so they should produce plants in a few weeks. The Iris are budded. The Lupine is blossoming. The gardens are coming to life.
When I finished piecing the Mile A Minute blocks today, I still had a small pile of fabric left. I’ve put it aside and will use it for a three inch border when I get to that point. When I make a Mile A Minute quilt, I usually make three borders. The first is a small border. The second is a Mile A Minute and is a bit larger. The third is larger still.
With all that work, I have a little over 200 blocks. That is enough for several quilts. I have already planned two quilts on EQ7. Several more are in my head. That is for a later time. I will find fabric in N. H. to finish a few and make them the “Focus” of the day sometime later.
Have a great day and happy quilting.