Some things almost finished

This has been a productive week. The Morehead mystery quilt reveal came last Thursday. This quilt was easy to put together. It consisted of several A and B blocks and one C block. The only matching seams were the corners of the blocks. The Morehead Mystery is a very pretty quilt, but it doesn’t have a border. Several participants have said that they are going to add a border. I’m trying to decide if I will add one or not. I do have enough red, blue and green fabric to add a border. There is very small piece of white left over but I can’t remember where I bought it. I’ll have to do a bit of research to find it. If I had more white, I could piece a border. I don’t want it to look as if I just added a border because I could.

What do you think? Does it need a border?

The border could be one of these fabrics or a combination of them. Decisions, decisions!!! In the meantime, I’ll work on something else and just think about it.

On Wednesday morning, I realized that I hadn’t checked for the next row of the Stay At Home Round Robbin. The prompts come out on Mondays. This week, the prompt is a checkerboard. Checkerboards are fun to make.

Two 1 1/2″ fabric strips are sewn together. They are pressed, cut into 1 1/2″ segments and sewn back together with the colors reversed. This is the fabric that I used for the lighter part of the checkerboard.

When it was cut, it looked as if I had used multiple fabrics. I paired it with a darker fabric. When sewing the borders on the quilt, I found that I was one checkerboard short and all the darker fabric was used. It was time for a design element. With a bit of unsewing, and adding a solid piece to the middle of all four sides, it worked out. The corner squares were fussy cut from the center of the flowers .

The colored piece is a little larger than the black and white. I wanted a calming border so chose not to use the Ginny Beyer border fabric. The hand dyed fabric was Ombre dyed and gives subtle color tints and tones.

The Quilt Guild had a secret valentine exchange. Those who participated received a name with some background of another quilter. Each one either bought or made a gift for their secret Valentine. We had a wonderful exchange party. Three of us wore masks and social distanced. It was so good to have other people in the house, even if it was for a little time.

Absolutely beautifully made wall hanging from Adriana. It will be on my wall for the month of February.

From Teri

I received this in the mail from a very dear friend.

Happy Valentines Day.

Have a great day and happy quilting.

2 thoughts on “Some things almost finished

  1. I like the Morehead quilt and can’t decide if it needs borders. I also like both round robin quilts. They look designed and cohesive – quite an accomplishment given no prior knowledge of the weekly prompts.

    Like

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s