It has been a most productive day. We did have a thunder storm with one lightning and thunder hitting at the same time. It was a loud crack. Miss Molly was already hiding so I really don’t know if it frightened her more than usual.
Of course, the sewing machine and other electronics were unplugged. I finished the bottom row of the Dear Jane quilt. It just has to be ladder stitched onto the main body of the quilt. I have three blocks to sew for the side rows and then I can sew the third row around the center of the quilt.
Before the storm hit, I caught up to today’s date on the temperature quilt. I also finished the center of the Melissa quilt. The borders are next. That should take just as long to quilt as the center. It should be done by the end of next week.
Moda Blockhead 2, block #10 was designed by Jo Morton. It is a 12″ block called Duck and Ducklings. It went together easily. I’m using the Japanese fabric for the Moda blocks. Most of them go very well with the printed fabric. I try to use that fabric in most of the blocks, although, some blocks do better without it. I look forward each week for the Moda pattern. Most are made up quickly.
I did flip around a lot today, depending on the weather. At least, I didn’t have to go outside to weed or water the gardens.
Have a great day and happy quilting.